Tuesday, February 7, 2017

My Top 5 Jobs At Walt Disney World Parks & Resorts

If you know anything about me, you know that I've always wanted to work at Walt Disney World. It's been a dream of mine to work in this magical place. Not only would I love working in my favorite place, but I would love to be able to make an impact on people of all ages by adding magic and excitement to their day. No matter if I never work there, only get to do the Disney College Program, or work for the company my entire life, I've always wondered what job I would be best placed in if I ever got the opportunity to work for such an amazing company. So I decided to go through and list my top five jobs I would love to have with the Walt Disney World Parks & Resorts.Floral Maiden from the Tangled Unit of the Festival of Fantasy parade coming to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in March, 2014. Photo via Disney.

Character Performer/Entertainment
Being a character performer would be one of my ultimate dream jobs. This would be one of my favorite jobs because you spend your days making others smile in phenomenal ways. This is the job that I think I've done the most research on, but it is one of the hardest to get into. There are very specific requirements for this position, and there are also many challenges due to the high expectations you are given. I actually have a good variety of friends who work in this position, and they have given me lots of advice and told me how amazing it is! I mean, who doesn't want to spend your entire day meeting new friends?!

Parade Performer/Actor/Actress/Entertainment
Festival of FantasyThis has been another job I have always imagined myself in. Avid Disney fans know all the music to the shows and parades, and even some of the dances. To get to be apart of the nighttime spectaculars guests line up to see, or dance with all of your Disney friends on the castle stage, would be a dream come true. Since I have an extensive background in musical theater, this job runs in my blood. The music is amazing, the dances are so much fun, and the costumes are beautiful! The entertainment staff at Walt Disney World definitely have an amazing job that I would love to do!

Guest Relations/Tour Guides/"Plaids"
Being a Guest Relations Cast Member would be an exquisite role because you get to show guests the magic behind Walt Disney World. Whether it's their first time to a Disney park or their 100th time, Guest Relations tour guides get the amazing opportunity to experience Disney with the guests, and walk them through the best way to see all of the park. This includes touring celebrities, showing guests backstage parts of Disney that aren't usually available to view, and providing them with fun facts/history about the parks. If you already act as the designated tour guide in you vacation group, and run around the parks spouting out tidbits of information, you're just like me, and this job would be perfect for you! (And the have some of the preppiest outfits on Disney property!)

Marketing Executive- Disney Corporate
Now this, is what I actually plan to do in the future as career. The decisions that get made, ideas for shows, and marketing strategies that are used to continue improving the Walt Disney Company all have to get made by someone, right? The marketing team at Walt Disney World Parks & Recreation play an important role in these decisions. They also work with guests and fellow Disney executives to make sure all the magic that is visible in the Disney parks is up to date and popular among guests of all ages. These are also the people who decide what would work well in a Disney Park in comparison to what may need to be retired or changed. This is what I have imagined myself doing as a formal career for at least two years now, and I can't wait to be apart of the Disney Corporate environment spending every day making smart decisions for such a great company.

Disney Ambassador 
Image may contain: 10 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoorDisney Ambassadors have one of the coolest jobs, ever. If you aren't familiar with Disney Ambassadors, they are Disney Cast Members who are selected by their coworkers to be candidates for the position of Disney Ambassador. After multiple interviews and selection processes, two Disney Ambassadors are chosen as representatives for a two year time period. I am lucky enough to be good friends with 2015-2016 ambassador Caitlin Kuhfelt Busscher who is pictured left with her partner Nathaniel Palma (Picture by Nathaniel). When Disney Ambassadors were first introduced, they were known as Walt's second pair of ears and eyes in the parks. But the extra special thing about being an Ambassador, is you get to experience every single job offered at the Disney Parks. From running the death defying Tower of Terror, to driving the Lilly Bell train around the Magic Kingdom, they get to experience every in and out of the company through this two year journey. And coming from someone who has dreamed of learning anything and everything about the Walt Disney World company ever since age 12, it would be pretty miraculous to have this job. It would be a dream come true!

And there you have it! My top 5 dream jobs with the Walt Disney World Company! Let me know what your dream job would be in the comments below and be sure to follow @eye_love_wdw and @Fantasmicfive on Instagram!
Have a Magical Day!✨
(All photos are from Google if not previously stated)

No comments:

Post a Comment